Cover art by famed illustrator, TONY STELLA
• Over 500 full color pages with running interviews and scrapbook captions.
• Measures 12″x10″, Perfect-Bound Hardcover, Sewn Binding, Heavy Duty Semi 128 Gsm Art Paper and Shrink-Wrapped.
• Thousands of photographs, construction plans, original artwork and a bounty of Tiki era ephemera, most of which has never been previously published.
PLUS THESE EXCLUSIVES:
• Tipped-in (sewn) 115 GSM vellum signature page, signed by BOB VAN OOSTING, LEROY SCHMALTZ and JORDAN REICHEK
• Shrink-wrapped, cloth covered and metallic stamped hard slipcase.
• 300 Copies available
Join us as we discover the intimate behind the scenes story of how this movement started, who were the important players and their total experience during the infancy, golden age, decline and stunning re-birth of one of the most treasured style movements the pop culture world has ever known. Through in-depth interviews, unlocked archives and both vintage and newly shot photography you’ll enjoy unprecedented access with OCEANIC ARTS: The Godfathers of Tiki.
Written by JORDAN REICHEK, veteran animation producer and owner of PEEKABOO GALLERY. Jordan has known BOB and LEROY for over 30 years. He is a student of the vintage Tiki era and maintains a vast collection of vintage Polynesian Pop artifacts.
Written as a show-and-tell style scrapbook, this OCEANIC ARTS: The Godfathers of TIKI, weaves a visual narrative of both this small company and the massive movement known as TIKI their work has spawned.
Foreword by celebrated Tiki historian, SVEN KIRSTEN, author of THE BOOK OF TIKI, TIKI MODERN, TIKI POP and THE ART OF TIKI. This privately pressed and distributed book has been printed in limited numbers and is AVAILABLE NOW.
BOB and LEROY invite you, the reader to sit back with a few MAI-TAIs as they share their fabulous history and vast archives. This book is their extraordinary story.
***Shipping charges apply to DOMESTIC US orders only.
For INTERNATIONAL BUYERS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will create a custom invoice with shipping.
top of page
bottom of page