OUR SERVICE PLEDGE
We stand behind everything we sell. Please email if you have any questions or concerns that your purchase is not as represented.
Peekaboo Gallery wants you to be satisfied with your purchase, and we guarantee that everything is as advertised. For your protection, we have a Return Policy for damaged goods.
SHIPPING, HANDLING, INSURANCE POLICY
Shipping for one-of-a-kind antiques is very difficult to automate on a website. So many factors go into estimating the amount to properly pack and ship, we have opted to take care of shipping in a separate transaction, after the item has been purchased. We want to ensure, that your new treasure gets to you in the safest, most economically responsible way. Unlike many antique websites on the internets, we refuse to guestimate or overcharge our customers for shipping.
For small and manageable items, we do pack and ship with either FedEX Ground or USPS. If the gallery provides direct shipping, we will issue a separate invoice to you. However, most of the items in our store are fragile, oddly shaped or oversize. In those cases, we will hand the items over to one of our preferred shipping partners once it is paid for. For especially unique cases, we depend on NAVIS Pack & Ship to handle custom boxing and crating. For large arcade games and the like, we use Beltman Group who specializes in the prep and shipment of coin-op games and devices.
IN ALL CASES, EITHER CONTACT THE GALLERY DIRECTLY FOR SHIPPING QUESTIONS OR PURCHASE THE ITEM TO RESERVE IT AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WITH SHIPPING INFORMATION.
All damage claims are handled through the normal claims process of the handler. Please inspect your purchase immediately upon receipt. DO NOT THROW AWAY any packaging materials when this occurs. We will assist in any way to see through your claim with the shipper. *SEE RETURNS AND DAMAGE POLICY BELOW
In the rare case where an item is returned, return shipping is at the expense of the buyer. Peekaboo Gallery will issue a purchase credit for that amount, or deduct it from the cost of replacement shipping. The restocking fee for any agreed returned item is 25%.
Peekaboo Gallery offers a layaway plan for most purchases. Our Return Policy does not apply to layaway purchases, and Layaway is not an option for all items. Since each plan is custom, please contact us to clarify the specific terms and payment intervals. Layaway purchases are subject to a 10% surcharge, and downpayments apply to the order total, including shipping, tax, and surcharge.
California State buyers must pay sales tax, the rate depends on which city you live in. If you have an antiques related resale number we do not need to collect tax, however you will need to supply a copy of your resale certificate with your payment. If an insurance claim is filed, the buyer will be refunded after the Post Office pays the claim.
Peekaboo Gallery wants you to be satisfied with your purchase and we encourage you to ask questions before purchase. To ensure your satisfaction and protection, we have a Return Policy for Damaged items only.
DAMAGED ITEM PROCEDURE
- Please do not return items that were damaged in shipment, as doing so will void the shipping insurance.
- Damage claims can only be made on items shipped with insurance.
- To begin the process, please contact Peekaboo Gallery immediately to alert us to the damage.
- Claims should be made through the original shipping agent. Guidelines for insurance claims vary by carrier so please check with the carrier for specific instructions.
- Be sure to retain all original packaging as well as all pieces of the damaged item, as the shipping agent will request to examine them.
- Be sure to document the outside and inside of the package with photos.
- In the event that you, the recipient, files the claim, Peekaboo Gallery will provide you with the necessary insurance information.
- For information on filing a claim through the following carriers, visit:*
United States Postal Service: http://www.usps.com
United Parcel Service: http://www.ups.com
Federal Express: http://www.fedex.com
DHL: http://www.dhl.com* Note that not all shipments are sent via the above carriers, and that some deliveries are insured via a 3rd party insurance agent, not that of the carrier. Be sure to contact us to guide you through the process.
- Peekaboo Gallery will acknowledge your return request within 3 days.
- You will ship the item back to the shop within 3 days of being instructed to do so:
- The item must be returned via the original carrier (unless agreed otherwise in writing), insured (if available) for its purchased price, and must include the shop's tags and identifying marks intact.
- We recommend you use delivery tracking and get a delivery receipt.
- The buyer pays for return shipping and insurance, unless agreed otherwise
- If the item can be repaired in-house, Peekaboo will repair and re-ship.
- After Peekaboo Gallery verifies the returned item is defective and unable to be replaced, we will issue a full refund within 7 days.
- For protection of both the shop and buyer, when making a refund via personal check or money order to a buyer, Peekaboo Gallery will send the refund to the buyer in a traceable manner where receipt confirmation can be verified.
ADDITIONAL RETURN POLICY INFORMATION
- Returns are accepted for damaged items ONLY or mis-identification of an item, not for buyer’s remorse–so please inquire before purchase.
- Defects listed in an item’s description are not defined as damages that qualify for return.